This week’s whole school assembly focussed on why we care so much about reading. We have had a large rise in the number of times that our children are reading each week since January, largely due to a large investment from the PTA in our Reading Bingo initiative, and wanted to explain why reading is so powerful. Here are our top 5 reasons:
- Reading boosts memory and reduces stress.
- Reading improves concentration and gives us better focus.
- You get to access new knowledge when you read and become smarter.
- Reading allows us to improve our vocabulary so that we can express ourselves more effectively.
- Reading gives you superpowers – no one else will imagine the story in the same way as you!