The QPA reading game commenced today, with many classes taking their first steps onto the board. Prizes will be awarded when classes reach certain points on the board as a result of the reading that they complete during the week. Who will be first to a prize space?
Well done to our pupils who showed amazing community spirit by collecting rubbish on their way to school this morning. We’re very proud of you!
As part of their ‘Scream Machine’ topic, Year 5 have been using Knex in order to investigate the role gears play within mechanisms.
As part of their ‘Blue Abyss’ topic about the world’s seas and oceans, Year 4 pupils have been investigating plastic pollution.
Here are some shocking facts that 4AbW shared this afternoon:
- 8 million tonnes of plastic are dumped in the sea every year
- There are 5.25 trillion pieces of plastic in the world’s seas and oceans
- By 2050, the amount of plastic in the ocean will outweigh the fish
- Around 1 million creatures die each year due to plastic pollution
- 60 million plastic bottles are added to the seas and oceans each year – it takes 400 years for a plastic bottle to fully degrade