Year 3 had their WOW day for their ‘Flow’ topic. They completed four activities:
- Waterwise – a special guest worked with us to gain a better understanding about the water that we use.
- Painting – we created water paintings having been inspired by Claude Monet’s work.
- Science – we tested the ph levels of water from different sources.
- Music – we made water themed pieces using a range of instruments.
Year 5 held their ‘WOW!’ day today. As well as creating some ‘Day of the Dead’ inspired artwork, the children sampled some food from a Mexican banquet and had a ‘Mathsico!’ interactive performance from a special visitor!
As part of their ‘Blue Abyss’ topic about the world’s seas and oceans, Year 4 pupils have been investigating plastic pollution.
Here are some shocking facts that 4AbW shared this afternoon:
- 8 million tonnes of plastic are dumped in the sea every year
- There are 5.25 trillion pieces of plastic in the world’s seas and oceans
- By 2050, the amount of plastic in the ocean will outweigh the fish
- Around 1 million creatures die each year due to plastic pollution
- 60 million plastic bottles are added to the seas and oceans each year – it takes 400 years for a plastic bottle to fully degrade
Year 4 have been making printing tiles this afternoon featuring images of volcanoes. We can’t wait to see the resultant compositions!