As part of their ‘Blue Abyss’ topic about the world’s seas and oceans, Year 4 pupils have been investigating plastic pollution.
Here are some shocking facts that 4AbW shared this afternoon:
- 8 million tonnes of plastic are dumped in the sea every year
- There are 5.25 trillion pieces of plastic in the world’s seas and oceans
- By 2050, the amount of plastic in the ocean will outweigh the fish
- Around 1 million creatures die each year due to plastic pollution
- 60 million plastic bottles are added to the seas and oceans each year – it takes 400 years for a plastic bottle to fully degrade
Year 4 have been making printing tiles this afternoon featuring images of volcanoes. We can’t wait to see the resultant compositions!
Our Year Three pupils had a wonderful time at Leeson House this week. The weather was very kind and allowed all activities to go extremely smoothly. Many thanks to all of the staff who gave up their time to allow for this magical experience for our pupils.