Yesterday’s World Book Day celebrations went brilliantly. The theatre production and workshops were enjoyed by all and there was a superb range of costumes on show!
We are all ready for the rearranged World Book Day today! The theatre company are currently setting up and we are amazed at the range of characters on show.
This week’s whole school assembly focussed on why we care so much about reading. We have had a large rise in the number of times that our children are reading each week since January, largely due to a large investment from the PTA in our Reading Bingo initiative, and wanted to explain why reading is so powerful. Here are our top 5 reasons:
- Reading boosts memory and reduces stress.
- Reading improves concentration and gives us better focus.
- You get to access new knowledge when you read and become smarter.
- Reading allows us to improve our vocabulary so that we can express ourselves more effectively.
- Reading gives you superpowers – no one else will imagine the story in the same way as you!
We had 5 more reading Bingo winners today. Congratulations on your achievement!
The prizes have now arrived for the Reading Bingo Challenge – full house anyone?
We have our first bingo winner in only 2 weeks. What a fantastic achievement to have read 6 full books in this time, very well done!
We have now launched our QPA Reading Bingo challenge. Pupils have to read one book from every category to win a special prize:
- Science Fiction and Fantasy
- Action and Adventure
Pupils in Years 3 and 5 have hundreds of new books in their year groups to enjoy. Years 4 and 6 will be visiting the library to select their choices in order to complete their cards. We are hugely grateful to the PTA for their huge donations towards this scheme – the buzz about reading at QPA is electrifying!