Year 6 sparked off their ‘Energy’ topic today with a variety of experiments, including creating electrical circuits.
Year 5 have been using charcoal to create Mayan inspired artwork, with impressive results.
Y3 have been experimenting with digestion today, creating their own stomachs, complete with contents!
As part of their ‘Scream Machine’ topic, Year 5 have been using Knex in order to investigate the role gears play within mechanisms.
As part of their ‘Blue Abyss’ topic about the world’s seas and oceans, Year 4 pupils have been investigating plastic pollution.
Here are some shocking facts that 4AbW shared this afternoon:
- 8 million tonnes of plastic are dumped in the sea every year
- There are 5.25 trillion pieces of plastic in the world’s seas and oceans
- By 2050, the amount of plastic in the ocean will outweigh the fish
- Around 1 million creatures die each year due to plastic pollution
- 60 million plastic bottles are added to the seas and oceans each year – it takes 400 years for a plastic bottle to fully degrade